Monday, January 16, 2012

LOL - literally!

I started my extra day off reading The Yarn Harlot's newest book - All Wound Up.  For all my knitter friends, this has to be one of her funniest books.  I was literally laughing out loud.  Good thing I was the only one home.  I can just see myself explaining that to my 13 year-old son.  "Yes, Bman, I am reading a book about knitting and yes it is so funny I am laughing out loud."  I think that might seal my fate of "crazy mom".

For my non-knitting followers, I highly recommend this book.  Especially if you have a knitter in your life.  So far the "Personal Filters" chapter is my fav.  I have totally had some of the thoughts in the "What I Would Like to Say" sections.  If you would like to borrow my copy when I am finished, let me know.  I will highlight for you!

As for actual knitting, I spent most of my extended weekend working on the Potato Chip Scarf, the Plain Vanilla Socks & a new project - A Sideway Scarf.  I made that name up just now.  I cast on 220 stitches and am just knitting back and forth until I run out of yarn. 


Winter has decided to make an appearance here in the Mid-Atlantic.  I pulled out some handknit socks to wear.  This has revived my passion for socks.  I had two pairs of socks that just needed the ends woven in.  So I sat down this afternoon and wove in the ends.  Here are the 2 pairs of socks.

My first attempt at toe up socks.  Yarn is Fleece Merino, colorway - Autumn.  Plain sock with a 1x1 rib at the top.

These socks were knit from the top down, with a lace panel down the back of the sock.  I can't remember the pattern (another good reason to blog about my knitting - record of patterns and yarn).  Yarn is Trekking XXL in Oranges.

Here is the progress I have made on the Plain Vanilla Socks.  I am almost to the heel.  I love the magic that is turning of the heel when knitting socks. 


 Another picture of the Potato Chip Scarf.  Thankfully May is still 4 months away!!


So while I might not be blogging every day, I have been knitting a little each day.  Feels good to be achieving my goals and having finished projects to show for it!!  Happy knitting everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I hear once you wear knitted socks the comfort an warmth is second to none. Love the different colors and patterns of all your projects. I have a new appreciation for the patterns and the quality of yarn after listening and learning more about it...:)

    Winter is here and what better time to knit on these days where it is just to cold to go anywhere. Burr!!

    Keep the post and the updates on your projects coming....

    ReplyDelete