Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to My World

Hello and welcome to my new adventure for 2012!  One of my goals (I don't like using the word resolution) is to knit more this year.  I was trying to think of a way to hold myself accountable.  I thought why not take a picture every day of the project(s) on which I am working.  This would be great - except then I am the only one looking at them. 

So I thought about a blog.  This way some of my friends & family can help hold me accountable by asking about the projects they see.

To get us started in this adventure, I photographed several of my works in progress (WIP's).  I didn't take pictures of ALL my WIP's, just the ones on which I am mainly working. 

Here they are:

1.  Yarn Harlot Plain Vanilla Socks
I have been working on these for so long, I am not even sure what yarn they are anymore.  If I figure it out, I will definitely share.

2.  Lace & Cable Socks from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson

Yarn - Serendipitous Ewe
Colorway - Tulip
Again I have been working on these for a while. I like to say they are resting.

3.  Potato Chip Scarf for my mother
Yarn - Schaeffer's Heather
This is the first things my mom has ever asked me to knit.  Can't say no to that.

4.  Origami Sweater from Frog Tree Yarns

Yarn - Frog Tree
More details on this another day!!

Well, there you have it.  The four WIP's I am willing to share for now.  Hopefully they will be moving to the finished projects sooner than I expected. 

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I never appreciated just how nice knitted material looks and understand its not all about the colors but the patterns that make them look so nice. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I don't want to know how many works-in-progress I have that are "resting". heheh. Denial works. Your Origami progress is pretty good; I hope to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all so great! Inspiring me to knit some more socks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my bucket list is to knit an Opera scarf for Andrea Bocelli! Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete