Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To make progress, one must actually knit!

This seems like such a simple concept. Knit more - have more knitting to share.  Well in order to have knitting to share, one must actually do the knitting. I will admit that my knitting time took a hit these past few days.

I did get a chance to attend some basketball games for my son.  While there I was more interested in what some parents call "appropriate" behavior.  It never ceases to amaze me how closely the behaviors of children are to that of their parents.  We are TWO games into the season and already one parent has been asked not to return.  The last time I checked, we were playing at the Rec Center.  I didn't realize that college scholarships or retirements were resting on these games.  Guess I should get on the phone with Duke or UConn.

Back to the knitting - I have been chugging along on Mom's scarf.  Here is the latest pic.
As you can see, I have had to move the picture location.  This does mean there has been some length added.  Looks like I am on track to finish it for Mom's birthday.  I have until May.

I also need to give a shout out to my bestie's daughter.  She won 1st place in her school Science Fair today!!  Watch out County Science Fair, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of your projects finsihed. The winter hat with the colors very nice. The scarf is starting to really come together.

    I hear that parents sometimes live through their kids? Somehow parents lost their way I think and made it more about themself and not their kids, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete