Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Slight Addiction

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I started my morning off with a trip to the grocery store.  OK so not my smartest move.  Since I did NOT make a list, I will probably be back at the store several times in the next few days.  Bman leaves for Scout Camp on Sunday.  His gluten free diet means pre-planning all his meals for the week, cooking them all, and packaging them so the camp doesn't get in trouble with the health department.

I do have to give him credit.  He sat down and mapped out what he wanted to eat each day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  And I didn't have to ask 15 million times.  Guess food is very important to a 14 year old!!

After winding down from the craziness at the grocery store, I realized I needed to finish reorganizing my yarn.  I have upgraded to THREE of the 58 Quart Sterilite plastic containers for my stash.  One of these containers has nothing but sock yarn in it. 

WARNING!!  Do not decide to make an "inventory" of your sock yarn that includes price paid on excel. 

Mountain Collection of Sock Yarn
I have always enjoyed knitting socks.  I think I may enjoy buying sock yarn a BIT more than I enjoy knitting socks.  I mean who can resist it!  Only one skein needed! Lots of great colors! Super yummy yarn! Can you see where this might lead to a Sock Yarn Addiction!?!? 

So my friends I have decided I might need to take a break from purchasing sock yarn.  If you see me walking into a yarn store, feel free to follow me around and take any means necessary to stop me remind me gently to step away from the sock yarn.
The rest of the collection
Of course this declaration (he he) comes just days before I visit Williamsburg for a week.  I was really looking forward to a visit to Knitting Sisters.  Well maybe I can say it was vacation yarn & we all know vacation yarn doesn't count anyway! Right??

Also when one works at a yarn store, payment in sock yarn doesn't count either!!  OK I can totally see that I might need an intervention!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun day!  I am headed to Shepherd University to watch TWO of the Contemporary American Theatre Festival plays this evening. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's just sock yarn we need to intervene with...

    -sk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'll intervene if necessary. Really, you just need to knit faster!

    ReplyDelete