Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Something Blue, Something Not-So-New

In addition to the Year of the UFO Challenge, I am participating in an Instagram Photo a Day challenge.  Details of this challenge can be found here. Today's challenge was Something Blue.  Below is my pic. A collection of blue fabrics I have been collecting the last year.  

Apparently blue is one of my favorite colors, because I have by far more blue fabrics than any other color.  Maybe I should have a new goal - to broaden my range of colors in knitting and fabrics!!

Something Blue
My favorites are the two in the middle. Love the blues and greens in the yard of fabric. The smaller one is a WVU print.  Eventually I will be making a WVU inspired blue and gold quilt.  Yes, I am adding that to my ever growing crafty to do list!

Speaking of my to do list.  As I was cleaning out my Crafty Room, I found two more UFOs. I think they enjoy hiding in random baskets and bags.  And they quite possibly could be multiplying while left unattended!

This hat is the Turn a Square hat by Jared Flood.  Yarn is Pediboo fingering weight in orange and blue.  I started this hat when my son expressed an interest in the University of Florida.  This interest last for more than just football season.  So I thought I was good to make him a hat representing the school.


And yep, you guessed it.  His love of the Gators has waned.  Lesson learned I will wait until he has actually graduated from college to knit him his school colors.  Hopefully we both make it to that point - alive! Trust me on many days that is questionable.

Happy knitting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment