Monday, January 13, 2014

Challenge Accepted

In my last post I ended with my challenge for the new year - 14 Finished Projects in 2014.  Well I have been asked what projects am I planning on finishing.  Like most knitters, I have several (read I stopped counting at 15) UFO's or WIP's.  Some of them have been on needles for years!!

Usually I take stock of my resting projects at the beginning of my summer break.  Well since my summer break seems to be diminishing fast this winter (no more snow days PLEASE!!!), I decided to organize and prioritize my projects now.  I quickly realized that I needed to revisit some of my long lost knitty friends.

So here is my list of projects that have priority in 2014:

1.  Philotes (my January Loopy Ewe Challenge project)
2.  Nymphalidea
3.  Origami
4.  Spectra
5.  Red, White and Blue Quilt
6.  Quilting Retreat Quilt (March 2014)
7.  Central Park Vest
8.  Sassy Stripes Quilt
9.  Tennessee Orange Lady Jane shawlette
10.  Summer Flies shawl
11.  Plain Vanilla Socks
12.  Tulip Socks

Now I know what you are thinking - This girl can't count.  She said 14 in 2014 and she has only listed 12. I am keeping two slots open for quilts that I want to work on later in the year. I would also like to point out that this list in not set in stone.  I reserve the right to start a new project that might bump a project or two from the list.

So over the rainy weekend, I worked on two projects.  First I completed the Red, White and Blue quilt top.  Now when I say completed, I do not mean the quilt is completely finished.  I completed the top of the quilt.  I still have a long way to go before I can move that over to the 14 Finished in 2014 list.  But it is one step closer.

Second I knit a few rows on the Philotes.  This project involves lace knitting, cable knitting and bead work. Each row includes something that requires my attention.  I am altering the pattern just a little bit.  Instead of making this a triangle shaped shawlette, I have decided to make it more scarf shaped.  I will post my modifications in my Ravelry write-up after I complete this project.



Because this project has a strict deadline, it requires it to be bumped to the top of the list.  It is my January Challenge project from the Loopy Ewe.  My knitting friend, Sarah, and I accepted this challenge.  I sure hope she is further along than I am.


As of this past Saturday, I am officially registered for my second quilting class at Wilson's Quilt Shop.  I will be doing a quilt called Sassy Stripes.  I went Saturday morning to pick out my colors.  This is what I came home with me.


As for the other projects on my list, I will post pictures as I get to them.  Hopefully this public announcement will keep me on track.  If not then, I am sure there are plenty of friends that will begin asking me about how many finished projects I have completed so far.  And yes thank you to my friend for pointing out that this requires me to finish  approximately 1.25 projects a month, that January is half over, AND that February is a short month.  Just the type of "encouragement" I needed!!  lol

I am closing tonight with something that makes me smile.  Every time you order from The Loopy Ewe, they send your package with this great sticker attached.


And I must say they are correct!! It most definitely is a Box of Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment