Sunday, June 24, 2012

Creative Thinking

Yes I am back after a LONG break from blogging.  I have been knitting.  However this post is going to focus on my other creative adventure.  I recently got my ears pierced. (They were originally pierced in high school and my ears are super sensitive to most earrings.  So I let them go closed.)  I digress.  Since I have started wearing earrings again, I have accummulated several nicer (read hypoallergenic) sets.  They were starting to take over my dresser.  So I was trying to figure out how to store them in a decorative way.

I headed over to Michaels with an idea in mind.  I grabbed a picture frame, some batting and 2 rolls of ribbon that match my comforter.  I pulled everything out yesterday - thinking this project might take me the entire afternoon to create.  Imagine my surprise when 15 minutes later I have this earring display.



First I removed the back of the frame and all the extras included with all frames.  I was trying to decide what to use for the batting.  I laid the glass on top of the batting to cut the amount needed.  Then I realized I could use the glass to hold the batting in place.  Next came the ribbon.  I cut strips of each color and placed them diagonally over the batting.  Finally I placed the glass, batting & ribbon back in the frame.  Yes it really was that simple!!

This picture shows the finished product with earrings included.  It is sitting on my dresser and looks much better than the earring boxes I was using before. 


As I mentioned earlier, I have been knitting.  I will share all my finished projects and WIP's in the next few days.  Right now I am off to enjoy another beautiful summer day! 

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice!! You are so good with your creative mind. Crafts are a specialty of your and it shows in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to see the earrings! Mine are always in a pile. -A

    ReplyDelete