Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How to Impress a Teenager!

Bman is 14 years old and has all the classic teenage symptoms that go with being 14.  Add in the fact that he is gluten intolerant and watch the attitude ratchet about 3 million notches when trying to fix dinner.  So imagine my hesitancy when trying out a new gluten free pizza recipe tonight. Here are the ingredients:

Cream Cheese, Pepperoni, Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, various spices, Marinara Sauce & Eggs
The recipe for this pizza can be found here - What's That Smell. After baking the crust a little longer than stated, we let it cool and added the toppings.  The smell coming from the kitchen was heavenly. Bman said, "Usually when things smell this good, they will taste good as well."  He was right! 

Finished Pizza
We took the pizza out of the oven and started eating.  Bman's reaction was "Mom this is AMAZING!" Yes that came from a 14 year old boy that can't have gluten and is an extremely picky eater.  I know - shocking!

Yes Rachel, the crust wasn't really dough-like.  It was more like a cheesecake consistency - but is that really a bad thing??

In Knitting News, I have been working on finishing my Lady Jane shawl.  I only have 8 more decrease sections to knit.  I am using Frog Tree's Pediboo yarn in a very pretty pale pink.

Lady Jane
I am really enjoying working with the Pediboo after working with the linen yarn on my sweater.  The Pediboo is very squishy and soft.  I love how the pattern works the edging as you go. This pattern uses the brioche stitch, which creates a very dense fabric.  Hoping to wear this in the winter! 

I found some time today to frame some of the pictures I have taken during my waterfall adventures and create this:
Just looking at these pictures makes me smile.  Most of them were taken at Swallow & Muddy Falls near Deep Creek Lake in Maryland.  I love the Deep Creek area.  Only 14 more days for me to chase a few more waterfalls.  Any suggestions?? 

1 comment: